Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Update: New Mexico

I miss this place. My week and a half there was not long enough. It was pure bliss to minister alongside one of my best friends in this entire world, Justin Long. I had the joy a few years back to have him in my small group and was able to mentor him and pour into him. He has been one of those investments that has brought about tremendous return in the Kingdom, and quickly became an equal and peer, and even a mentor in my life.

I was able to interact with what felt like 87 fellowship meetings at that church. It paved the way for relationships to be established, and for me to connect one on one. Then, that Sunday I was able to minister to the adults in the morning, and teach a young mens discipleship that night. Now, I went there telling them I didn't need money. But, half-way through it there was a shortage in my budget that came up unexpectedly. While I was teaching that night, they took up a $5,000 offering for me without me even knowing it!!! A group of 50 or so adults gave very generously, and I am dearly thankful.

That Wednesday night I spoke to over 200 youth. Most of them responded to the call. It was more like the entire room became an altar, with so many responding. Justin has planted a good work. It was my joy to bring the water of the Holy Spirit to such a good crop. He annointed several young men and women for a life of calling and walking in the purposes of God. The Lord even moved us in the prophetic, as certain words were uttered throughout the night during the message and the one on one prayers. I believe with all my heart that many of those kids are still walking in God's plan given them that night, and they will walk all the way to the nations someday.

On a note of fun: I sneaked across the border and went into Mexico for a few hours. It was spur of the moment. The missionary in me couldn't stand being so close to another nation and not going!!! So me and a friend named Sandra made the trip, and turned around and came back a few hours later. It was a slight hint of Africa for me...looking at another culture and people aroused my soul!!!

Comments:
Sarah from New Mexico said what up Freak! I said we enjoyed you too in NM!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?