Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Update: Wisconsin

This trip I was able to come together with some great friends I have. They give me the gift that cannot be matched or priced; the gift of prayer. They have an intercessory ministry that has covered me for several years now. I thank God for their words of life and instruction that they give me, not just from human experience but from experience in the throne room of God.

I was sorta on a retreat up there, enjoying a basement that my hosts put me in with a fireplace for the cool Wisconsin springtime nights. Hot coffee, loud worship music, and time alone every morning for my praise of God and study of Scripture was like pure manna from heaven for me. I walk in prayer everday, but it was nice to have natural surroundings that accomodated it so well.

The ministry times were "small" in number, but powerful in effect. I went to 2 youth groups to speak, and had great connection with several kids and on one night was able to see an altar where 4 lovely disciples responded to the call, and the tears in their eyes said that they were looking at One that night Who knew them. I was also able to minister communion during our team's prayer meeting, which humbled the tar out of me. It was a privelege to bring forth the Word to those that should have brought it to me. They live lives of prayer, and I cannot think of a greater honor. Father God spoke through each of us into each other, as they laid hands on me and sent me off in the name of Jesus, resting the grace and annointing of God upon me by and through His Holy Spirit.

ONE ON ONE: This was a significant proportion of the work Pappa God had for me up there. I went to the YMCA with a spiritual "mom" of mine, Terri. Now, I must say, a pet peeve of mine is this idea that we cannot witness to people unless we are sure they will attend our Christian events. Mind you, I have invited hundreds of people to such things in my day, but I do not substitute that for the Word of God. The Bible says "how will they believe, unless someone goes and preaches to them?" (Rom.10:14) And so in that YMCA it was my decision to connect with several young men and pray with them. Each was in a one on one setting, two of them I prayed for and one of them repeated the salvation prayer with me. I asked that particular person, "has anyone ever, in your entire life, told you about having a personal relationship with Christ?" His response was humbly, "No." I asked him if he wanted to know God, and the smile on his face afterward told me that it was not the nice thing to do, it was not just to pat myself on the back, but this guy was so glad that someone told him he could know God!

Wait, there is more. This is where I am going to drive in the point, that if we listen to the Holy Spirit, our method's don't matter as much as our hearts and being obedient to our Boss. You see, I witnessed to another guy I played basketball with. I tried to connect him to a local youth pastor that I knew and was ministering with that week. As I went to a coffee-shop ministry that night, that youth pastor came to me and said, "did you talk to so-and-so today?" "Yeah..." I replied. He said "I've been working on him for two years! He's my nieghbor!" You can't tell me that our God didn't set that up.

No matter how busy we are, let's always stop for just one. Jesus does that for us. Let's not try to be better than Him.

Comments:
I'm so happy to be a part of your team, Nate.....I see great things happening and we loved reading every word of your "blog"...new to an old grandma like me.
Your passion .....your strength....
your wisdom and knowledge...overwhelme me. God picked out just the right one for Africa..........YOU.....
wuv.......(remember we will always wuv you even if you un wuv us !!)
grandma atkins
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?