Saturday, August 12, 2006

 

small things

Nothing is really small, of course. But I've found myself spending time doing things small rather than big. The other day I had a young man over for dinner and some time in prayer. We listened to a message by Graham Cooke, an incredibly anointed speaker, and then spent some time afterward with the Lord Jesus. Tonight, at the moment, I'm alone, but I feel as though Jesus is speaking to me about my carpet...yeah, my carpet, that word keeps coming to me...I feel He wants me there, to put my face to it, and to put my knees to it and to see and feel and recognize the glory of God in Africa. Furthermore, I sense that He is wanting me to offer my house for prayer. I've done that, but I feel that I must do it more...Facilitating prayer is different here than U.S., most people are terrified at night due to the worlds greatest crime rate being SA, and then many don't own cars or have money for Petro (gas). So, often I feel as though rather than beginning a weekly thing that is super official, I just need to walk in fellowship with God and man, and bring those two things together.

So, I can't tell you I've done much yet, but I can say in these small things that are for a Big God, I feel like He is laying awfully good groundwork for His movement. I've had a group of teenagers over and we watched some missions videos, and some of these guys already state "man, I want to go and preach the Word of God." He is a good Father. I haven't had the easiest times of heart, it has been as though every day Satan gives me a vision that presents the path of stopping. Hey, Satan came to Jesus and even showed him the nations, eh? Sometimes I think he wants to distort my view of the nations, too, and get me to go down his path rather than the Word path.

So often I feel like the prayers of the saints are only inches for me. If your reading this and praying, thank you, you've helped me have a small taste of victory. Bless you all,
Nate

Comments:
"Small things" - said by "the little big man" himself!

Stay faithful in those small things (for victory and defeat both start there), and God will give you charge over cities!

God, in Jesus' name, give Nate cities! AMEN.

Love ya, brother. Will send you an email soon.

--Carl, Lisa & Holly
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?