Friday, August 04, 2006

 

"You take the Child" -a poem

I'm not a poet, and I've never told people very much about what I've written. Yet there are times when I feel like God deserves a poem, as if speaking about Him with intellect is less than He deserves. So, here is one of my foolish attempts to please Him with less than He deserves, yet knowing that I only wish to give Daddy the truth in me, good, bad and ugly. This peom came to me in moments with the Holy Spirit, when I reflected on the poorest children in Africa that I was holding in my arms the other day...and I thought of the poverty moments of my spirit, and how it has only been Grace that makes me a father for Africa...really, this is for Him.

"You take the child
And bring him into Your army

You take the small one
And You make him tall

The heroes of God
Are those that are forgiven

Legacies are made
By the foolish found redeemed

We will tell our stories
We will bring forth our tales

Songs that evil is defeated
Poems that we are free

But the voice that gives praise
To You O King Christ Jesus

Is only a wave of air
From the lung of our soul

So with leaders from here
And a victorious battle there

A few found on our side
With lovely people giving hearts and blood

We are only expressing redemption
Even in our greatness

Children share the seat of the Holy One
We are Kings beside Him

We must remember the gift
And not forget the price"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?