Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Not designed to die...

I was watching this thing the other night, where a bunch of South African scientists were sharing their thoughts. They were researching the anatomy of the human body. They were trying to find a way to extend life, to discover the fountain of youth through medicine. In the depth of this search, they seemed to be looking for something a bit more than themself. In this search they broke down the body to the cellular level, and they found the blueprint of DNA code; in this code they observed that there is an "inherent program for life." But what they said next really grabbed my eye, "but there is no design for death." They explained that the human body isn't naturally programed to die. Cells don't die because they obey their genetic makeup, for there is no makeup for death; they die because of time and biological wear and tear.

How blindly I completely believe this, I'm unsure, yet even with the evolutionary views of these men they didn't claim anything 'anti-God' by making that point, so I have no immediate moral objections. WHAT I LIKE is the idea that humans don't even have a program for death in their DNA....think about that, WE ARE MADE FOR LIFE down into the very molecular and atomic level of life. Death wasn't in God's plan, and it's evidence is discovered even by those that hate Him. I think of how we someday have bodies raised from death, I think of how we were made for a life in a garden without work and simple walks with God, I think of how the Redeemer went on a missions trip to the earth "so you may have LIFE and life more abundantly." I think of how I have tasted a death I'm not designed to die, but I am made for life. My heart is not made for grief, my heart is made for life. The child here is not made for AIDS, but made for life. There is a promise of eternity that we are created with, these scientists as athiestic they may have been proved to me Romans ch. 1 v. 20 is inside us all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?